Google

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Who's cool?

LeVar Burton is cool. Now that G4 TV is playing the old reruns of TNG again, Lesa and I have begun watching them every night, and I must say that TNG is still a great series that has not yet been noticeably dated (And the fans of TNG are still rarely dated). So for two hours we sit and watch the show, and by the end of the event I am somehow feeling better about everything. Not that I am on the negative side of feelings in any way, but it's still a boost to my morale. I think Lesa feels the same. Maybe it's the fact that I am taking in media, and it is the natural order of humanity to be appeased and comforted by such tokens of creativity. Maybe it's the fact that I am sitting with my special someone, and we're doing something together. I am sure that the content of the media is of great importance. TNG is set in a universe where humans live in such ideology that even money has been done away with. When I think about how that can be accomplished, I come to the understanding that such a situation can only be achieved through advanced technology. This fact alone makes me love TNG. Technology is the harbinger of happiness for them, and I see that it's not such a fantastical idea after all. Speaking of technology, recently I read a news item that proclaimed the possibility of subspace propulsion. If I find that link, I will post it here. News like this should make everyone, geek or not take pause and contemplate the possibilites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home