Google

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Mild Disappointment Major Success

Well, I am back from my adventure in test shooting and I must say that I am disappointed with myself for not realizing before I wasted my time that the people at Best Buy have no clue what they are talking about, and will say anything to separate a customer from their cash. Well, all is not a loss. Luckily there is a local Ritz Camera where I found an employee who had experience with the Canon Rebel XT personally. He was immensely helpful in answering my questions, and after a couple rounds of realizing that I am a complete noob when it comes to SLR cameras, I was able to walk out of there with test shots in hand, and a fortified respect for specialty shops. It's actually shocking to discover that the spectrum of knowledge is so wide that I know volumes more about SLR than the guy I talked to at Best Buy, and can then be schooled by a guy at a specialty shop who probably considers himself "Intermediate" in skill.

It looks like I will be needing some extra cash for a good lens, and a large SD card as well. I like what I saw so far with the XT. Very nice indeed. Comments are welcome on what anyone thinks about the XT or any SLR in that price range.

For now, I have to go round up Lesa from her digital-crack addiction to Harvest Moon, and get some sleep. I didn't realize what I was doing when I suggested that game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home